New here... In need of some help/advice.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone... my name is Paul. I recently planted some jalapeno, and bell pepper plants about a month and a half ago... Early April to be exact. These plants were healthy when I put them in the dirt.... good to go. I also have tomatoes, basil, cilantro, parsley, cucumbers, romaine lettuce, onions, etc... In the same garden ... same box, same dirt. My garden is in the ground.... using all Miracle Grow soil... and normally, I have no issues. I'm NOT an expert by any means, and I typically have descent results... but this year... My pepper plants are failing, or, seem to be anyway. The stems of the pepper plants are, or seem to be, in good health. They are tall, thick, and have good color, with a good root, but the leaves are dying.... Everything else is growing by leaps and bounds.... no issues at all, but the pepper plants, look pitiful. All I do is water the garden once a day, that's it. What am I doing wrong? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hello Paul, welcome! I unfortunately don't have answers for you, but hopefully my response can help push this higher on the "new" threads and more experienced gardeners can help. Good luck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A picture might help but peppers don't suck up as much water as tomatoes. You are probably overwatering your peppers. Let them dry out more.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
YumYum is right, peppers need less water and chilli peppers less than sweet. I let my chillis get almost to drooping point before I water. Also pot them on little and often, they don't appreciate lots of room round them like some things.

Ask a Question