Hi all! Val here from Hervey Bay. Im new to gardening & not very good at it so I may need a bit of help now & again

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have just harvested quite a bit of root ginger… washed it all off & am wondering how I should store it & when I can replant some of it again.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome friend.
Can I plant my leftover ginger root?
Step 1: Leave the ginger in water until you see 1- to 2-inch-long roots propagate in water. Step 2: Wrap the rhizome in wet paper towels and place them in a resealable plastic bag until it develops roots. Step 3: Plant the rhizome directly into the ground after soaking. Google

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have just harvested quite a bit of root ginger… washed it all off & am wondering how I should store it & when I can replant some of it again.
If you mean storing it for use when cooking, it freezes very well. I grate the frozen root as needed and stick
it back in the freezer wrapped in aluminum foil. I've never grown it, but love to cook with it.

Ask a Question