Orchid Revival

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would anybody be able to advise if my orchid is beyond repair? And how I would go about restoring it?

The roots are all outgrown as you can see from the pictures. The roots inside the pot are still green. I cannot see any live buds.

I would really for it to flower again as I have had it over 10 years. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20230113_073820.jpg
    IMG_20230113_073820.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230113_073824.jpg
    IMG_20230113_073824.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have never grown orchids, but I believe some are pretty resilient.

Really I am just bumping your thread in the hope someone who knows more than me sees it.

Welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know nothing but did revive one my wife left for dead.
Although not as bad looking as yours it was dry and withered and the leaves where pale almost white.
I simple cut the roots and parts that looked dead hard and crumbly. Soaked it in water and put it in a north facing window. That was Oct 2021
Sorry no early pictures
I then went and bought MiricleGro Ochid food and followed the directions 1/2 strength for the resting period feed every 4 weeks water if it dried out inbetween feedings.
It seldom dried out.
By spring 2022 it was full green and growing , summer I switched to the full strength mix and every 2 weeks. Since then roots are robust , 4 new leave sets and FINALLY a flower stem !

Here is my post , not very detailed and im awful at cataloging photos

Since I am no expert and only have what I learned from my mom,

IF I had your plant , I would cut any hard dead rotted parts down to any signs of life, complete soak and rinse whats left , get some new medium and pot and start a diluted feeding.

Jan 2023
image.jpg

Ask a Question