Orchid roots rotten

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
My orchid looks really bad , all his roots got rotten and i would like to know if there is any chance to save him ? And how ?
When i bought him the saleir told me not to put any soil on him beside what i got in the container that i got with the flower ..

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not all is lost, I resurrected a all but dead Orchid, pale yellow , moldy , mushy roots and leaves. I took it out of the pot it was in , let it dry and started bring it back to life. Im not a “gardener” or a fan of house plants.
For what ever reason I decided to bring life back to this particular plant.
After it dried out I simply put in the window and fed it a 1/2 diluted mix if Miracle Gro for Orchid mix. A 10 minute soak every 4 weeks. About 12-16 weeks the color came back around 30 weeks new growth showed along with new root growth. So I started full strength per instructions every 2 weeks.
Between then and now several new leaves have came, new roots and finally a flower stem!
I will give it a light watering between feedings if it gets DRY it seldom gets dry .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Orchids don't need to water every day, if you do it so then the plant will be destroyed it won't be survived for so long. Anyhow removed all the rotten roots and placed the good ones into another pot safely and take care great care of it. After sometimes it will be all fine just don't forget to keep it in the sun for sometimes.

Ask a Question