Need help. Experienced with everything marijuana but my two fruit plants aren’t doing very well. Help identify my problems here please :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay so I bought both of these from Lowe’s. Bonnie brand and both I picked because they were at the point of being completely root balled in the original containers. I live in Vegas they get full sun pretty much all day until 330 or 4 ish till shade hits them. I haven’t given any nutes yet as I’ve been waiting for them to start splurging after transplanting. I have a fall gold Everbearing raspberry and a sharp blue blueberry plant. Im thinking they r almost 2 months now and growth on the fall gold started good then slowly stopped growing and browning of the edges of leaves started to happen. It’s recently spurred a new cane and growth from the bottom of the first cane but it’s just not looking healthy. It’s either a nute deficiency or underwatering maybe from heat here. It’s just now getting to 90 everyday here so weathers been decent and normally 80 degree high past month. Pics are loaded please help. My blueberry has been very slow to do anything and last week finally shot a new branch up from roots and a couple other side branches started growing but very small and slowly still. It was almost this big when I bought the blueberry. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 134

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming that you opened up the root ball then I think they are too warm and too dry. On the raspberry it seems to be the older growth worst affected.
If I remember rightly both raspberry and blueberry originate in cooler damper parts of the world. Blueberries are ericaceous plants and so need an acid soil as well as plenty of water. Raspberries like a soil high in organic matter, they have fairly shallow roots so can easily suffer from water shortages. Mine get fed in spring time with a general granular feed, followed by a layer of mulch along the row. There is also a leaky hose in the soil so water goes straight to the roots. If the leaves yellow over the summer I give Epsom salts.
If the pots are in full sun the roots could be getting too hot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Copy the acidity comment. 4.5, 5, 5.5 pH target. There is a available phosphorous window open around 5pH. If you bought soil you need some Holly Tone from epsoma pretty quick, and maybe a liquid for immediate change.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but @DirtMechanic and @NigelJ are correct. Nevada and particularly Las Vegas has alkaline soils and neither of your plants will grow in alkaline soils. Texas has the same problem and folks here TRY to grow them in a heavy peat moss mix but it never works for long. Even buying soil from the plants natural habitat will not last for long as everything, even the water is alkaline. You might get 3 years from the plants but even that is doubtful. I guess the moral of this story is to never buy plants from a Big Box Store.

Ask a Question