Three year old Jasmine hasn’t flowered.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Gardeners’, I’m from the UK, specifically England. I live near Cambridge in East Anglia. I have a fairly small back garden which is dominated by a large Bramley apple tree, (which I love and my husband doesn’t), and by a line of leylandii along the brook which edges the property, (which my husband likes and I don’t). Also a smaller front garden which is mainly given over to roses, lavender and a weeping silver birch.
In one corner of the back garden I have a clematis and a jasmine planted quite close together. The clematis flowers profusely in spring, and the jasmine has a LOT of green growth, but has never flowered. Any ideas?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @MrsCooper -good to have you on board - Welcome.

Firstly, will you be keeping the husband - or not :ROFLMAO:

As for the Jasmine, I can tell you why mine doesn`t flower sometimes. It seems to go bonkers in the springtime and I end up cutting it back to tidy it up. I should be patient and tie it in! The right time to prune it is late summer/autumn time after it has finished flowering.
I didn`t tidy it up this year, and it has been flowering nicely for the last week (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hello Gardeners’, I’m from the UK, specifically England. I live near Cambridge in East Anglia. I have a fairly small back garden which is dominated by a large Bramley apple tree, (which I love and my husband doesn’t), and by a line of leylandii along the brook which edges the property, (which my husband likes and I don’t). Also a smaller front garden which is mainly given over to roses, lavender and a weeping silver birch.
In one corner of the back garden I have a clematis and a jasmine planted quite close together. The clematis flowers profusely in spring, and the jasmine has a LOT of green growth, but has never flowered. Any ideas?
Welcome... I am knew... I know nothing.. yet :D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Tetters,
It’s about twelve feet high, very profuse and strong green growth, no sign ever of a single flower. It is tied into a trellis but is so tall now it’s falling forward of the trellis. I’ve never pruned it, so I’ll try that.

I’ve had the husband for over fifty years so I don’t think I can be bothered with the hassle of getting rid of him, and the idea of replacing him strikes fear into my heart.

Many thanks! :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This place is quite big, and until the Covid 19 bug it was a camping site - I have now actually retired (at long last) The Jasmine here grows all over the place, and tends to travel a bit - it grows on runners. The plants that are flowering best this year are the ones I got really cross with last autumn - the ones I cut to the :muted:ground. It seems they like to be treated rough! They don`t like to be fed either.
This of course fits well into the same category as husbands etc

I don`t know that much either :clown:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So so nice to find someone with an equally warped sense of humour :giggle:

Ask a Question