Pothos in a house with three cats and a dog?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking to get some pothos so I can stick the roots in one of my aquariums. The aquarium is on a desk and it takes up almost all the top of the desk. There is no room for my fat cats to get up but my smaller one might be able to (he hasn't done so yet). I've heard that pothos is poisonous and I'm worried my cat could eat it. He ate a cactus when he was younger so hes really the one I'm worried about. Should I go ahead and get some or not? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a hard question to answer, because I wouldn't want your cats to get sick. You should not take a chance until you know for sure. I have a cat and she goes in the plant room and takes long naps. I even feed her right next to my golden ivy. I have arrowheads too, and they will hurt a cat if it is eaten. She is not interested in my plants, and I use to worry a lot, but I don't anymore. The most important thing is not leave your cats unattended with the plants until you know for sure. Watch and if the cats are very interested in the plants you should remove them from the cats.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a hard question to answer, because I wouldn't want your cats to get sick. You should not take a chance until you know for sure. I have a cat and she goes in the plant room and takes long naps. I even feed her right next to my golden ivy. I have arrowheads too, and they will hurt a cat if it is eaten. She is not interested in my plants, and I use to worry a lot, but I don't anymore. The most important thing is not leave your cats unattended with the plants until you know for sure. Watch and if the cats are very interested in the plants you should remove them from the cats.
Thank you! I think I'll look for a cat safe one just to be safe. Do you know of a cat safe plant that I could put it's roots in water?

Reaction score
Country
United States
My cats love napping in the plant room everyday and we spend a lot of time in there. Here's a photo of my cat laying under the fluorescent light.

Attachments

• IMG_2005.JPG
    IMG_2005.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 140

Ask a Question