Yellowing leaves, Golden Pothos help

BohoBotanico

Bohobotancohome&plant
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new to the forum and a beginner with indoor plants! A few of my golden pothos leaves have started to yellow (please see image) the rest of the foliage is pretty healthy but have started to unfurl with brown spots on newer leaves..
I dont feel I've been over watering! But this seems to be the answer I keep coming across. Can anyone advise/help?!! Thanks, BohoBotanico :)
20190803_101402.jpg

Attachments

• 20190803_101703.jpg
    20190803_101703.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 280

BohoBotanico

Bohobotancohome&plant
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new to the forum and a beginner with indoor plants! A few of my golden pothos leaves have started to yellow (please see image) the rest of the foliage is pretty healthy but have started to unfurl with brown spots on newer leaves..
I dont feel I've been over watering! But this seems to be the answer I keep coming across. Can anyone advise/help?!! Thanks, BohoBotanico :)View attachment 57038
Also, of it is over watering.. should I try to repot her? (Should I also stop misting her?)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Not an expert at anything, but good at googling! But there might be misinformation on the internet!

Leaves
that go yellow are also a sign of over-watering or poor drainage, however. Pothos do best when allowed to go slightly dry (but not wilting) between waterings. If your soil has been kept constantly wet that causes root rot which leads to yellowing leaves.13 Dec 2015
Yellow Leaves On Pothos - Garden Answers

www.gardenanswers.com/house-plants/yellow-leaves-on-pothos/

You might find some answers here

Reaction score
Country
United States
If your plant is still putting out new leaves, I wouldn't worry about it. Yellow leaves are a normal part of the growing process; as new leaves grow, the plant reallocates nutrients from the older leaves into the new ones, resulting in yellowing. When the leaves are completely non-green, the nutrients are fully reallocated and you should be able to easily pluck them off (they should practically fall off) and dispose of them if you wish.

You could try giving your plant more light, so that it can better nourish itself and thus won't need to reallocate as many nutrients, but you'll likely never be able to entirely prevent yellow leaves. Darryl Cheng has a great article on setting expectations as a plant parent here.

Ask a Question