Thoughts please.. a gardening app.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of making a mobile seed inventory app and wanted some opinions on whether you would pay for an app like this and if so, how much would you be happy to pay? I would love to make it free but would need to cover the cost of making the app, plus maintenance and improvements etc. so it wouldn't be feasible without having lots of intrusive adverts which I want to avoid. I was thinking of a subscription type service.

The app itself would be an inventory for all of your seeds, with comprehensive information on each seed. When planting, you could then easily bring up useful planting details. You could get optional reminders when your seeds are nearing the expiry dates, with a section to swap your seeds with others in your area or donate them locally to help lower waste. There would be an option to "copy" another seed profile if you had a variety which wasn't in the database, so it would be easy to add and then edit the details for any unusual varieties you have.

I'm essentially designing the app because I want it myself, and I haven't found anything that fits my needs and thought others may have the same issue. Please let me know your thoughts! I have lots of ideas but I really want to know if it's worth pursuing and if anyone would be willing to pay for an app like this.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I wouldn't either. Mostly because if there is something I am unfamiliar with I can google it and get all the info I need in seconds. Or if I am really enthusiastic about growing something new I can go on YouTube and watch informational videos of people growing it. Or go on a forum like this and ask questions. Although I'm sure there are some people that are new to gardening and would pay a buck or two for it.

Reaction score
Country
France
I wouldn't pay for it but if it would be free I would give it a try for sure. I realized this about gardening if you want to give me a feedback

Ask a Question