This must have a name I am sure

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I spotted this plant in our garden and was happy to see the flowers on it. It could be a wild flower or some of you may even know its name. Please help.

004.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Grouie, what an intriguing plant! Do you have any more photos of it? It would be good to see a close-up of the flowers and also see the leaves and stems more clearly. I'm not sure what family this plant is in, possibly the Madder Family (Rubiaceae), but I am hardly certain.

@Larisa Do you know what this might be?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I agree that this is from the Rubiaceae family.
I tried to zoom in to see the flowers better. But it's very hard to see anyway.
It's hard for me to size. I can guess it could be Chassalia curviflora...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bravo Larisa, you figured it out.
Chassalia curviflora is the only species of Chassalia native to Asia, and is likely most commonly cultivated species. The flowers are followed by black berries. What a beautiful plant. I'd love to grow one someday.

Chassalia is a genus of 108 species in the Madder Family (Rubiaceae), with most species native to tropical africa or Madagascar.
One species, Chassalia curviflora, is native to southern and southeastern Asia, Sri lanka, southern China, Hainan, Philippines, and Malesia.

Ask a Question