The case for heirloom seeds

Reaction score
Look for the certified GMO free label. While there are many things that are gmo free, and companies are slow to get the GMO label do to extensive proof and testing before they are awarded the label, if it has that you can be very comfortable. I look for certified GMO AND Organic.

The FDA rules are BS, so I look for those independent certifications.

Watch out for 'light' foods. Many of them are made 'light' but putting in chemicals instead of fats and sugar, others are just ones they reduced the calories from 250 per serving to 245. Light can be used many ways, no regulations on that term.

Same for 'low fat" or "fat free" Just how much fat was removed, for that matter, was there even fat normally in the product? Yes, I have seen a package of carrots that were labeled "fat free" and "cholesterol free". Completely honest, but all the other carrots there that cost less because they didn't use that gimmick were also fat and cholesterol free.

Also, many foods labeled "fat free" have just as many calories or even more because they added extra sweetener to it, to make it taste "better" when they took out the fat.

Thanks for the info :) I had heard about the "light" tag before and ever since then I've been avoiding that kind of products. But had never seen fat free carrots, lol!

The things companies are willing to do, I had never heard such a ridiculous thing! Fat free veggies! I don't trust companies at all...

The FDA is just a mafia in my eyes! They are letting so many things pass! Specially meds! They do release info, but only what they see fit, don't want to imagine what things they're not telling us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No GMO seeds for me...that is a deal breaker. I only will use natural seeds.

Reaction score
Monsanto and all the other makers of GMO should be force to go away from products that produce those chemicals. Amazing they are being considered for an award because of the manufacture of GMOs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Monsanto and all the other makers of GMO should be force to go away from products that produce those chemicals. Amazing they are being considered for an award because of the manufacture of GMOs.
As long as we have BIG $$$ and corrupt politicians GMO's are here to stay. Have you ever wondered why the old standby vegetable seeds are disappearing and are being replaced?

Reaction score
Tbh, the idea that world hunger can be solved by GMOs is attractive to me, prima facie.

World hunger isn't caused by a shortage of food, however, so increasing yields won't solve it either.

Part of world hunger is poverty. Even if we had tons of food and seeds, some people are too poor to buy food and seeds and the tools to grow food.
Part of world hunger is caused by war, so even if there was tons of food and seeds, the wrong people might hoard them all to maintain power over people who don't have food.

Reaction score
The only way GMO seeds are going to solve the world hunger problem is that as the population dies off from eating the frankenfoods, there will be more food left for those that hadn't succumbed yet to the poisons.

It's not at all about food and hunger, it's is ALL about money and power. Corporation and government. They control the food, they control us.

Keeping my food away from them both. And harvesting my heirloom seeds, so the can't keep seeds away from me, either.

Ask a Question