Thoughts on a Showcase and/or Gallery

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
On the pond forums, there is a showcase and gallery section which has proven quite popular over the past year. Now that it's coming up to Spring and warming up, I wondered what people thought about introducing a showcase and/or gallery section on Gardening Forums?

As an example of what I mean, a Showcase section would be a place where we had a page to post info and photos all about our garden and then there would be an attached discussion thread to chat about it. Here's an example of @JBtheExplorer 's pond showcase:

http://www.gardenpondforum.com/showcase/jbs-pond.10/

Here's an example of the media gallery where photos can be uploaded:

http://www.gardenpondforum.com/media/albums

If you guys think it would be good to try one or both of these on here then do let me know and I'll get it coded ASAP :D.

Reaction score
I like the idea! But if I was asked which one I'd prefer seeing... I'd pick the first one! The second one if fine, but the first one looks a little nicer and makes navigation easier... so you just click on the pics you wanna see.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I would definitely love to see a showcase here! I think it would be a great way to show the layout of our gardens, explain what we have in them, why we chose what we chose, etc.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Showcase addon is purchased, so I should be ready to go in a couple of days :D.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Whoopee! That means we can cut loose with photos, remarks about plants that thrive or die, and just generally show off? Sounds good to me!:D

Ask a Question