The best gifts are the ones that grow...

Reaction score
So my mother is a huge part of our community and helps many people. She is a part of many city committees and she is also a Notory Public and services the mostly Hispanic community. Most times at no charge. One lady of Mexican descent that she helps often came in her office yesterday and my mother thought she needed something. The woman didn't need anything, she came to thank my mother for doing so much when she couldn't pay her and brought her this beautiful Japanese Maple to show her appreciation. I was soo excited when she brought it home!! What a lovely way to say thanks, don't you agree? :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Your mother sounds like an amazing lady.

I agree that the Japanese Maple was a wonderful way for the woman to say thank you.

The picture isn't showing up for some reason.

Reaction score
Your mother sounds like a very special lady. It is very heart warming when someone gives such a special gift. Your right, the best gifts are the ones that grow.

Very pretty Japanese Maple! Also a reminder to give the gift of giving. :)

Reaction score
Aww what a bummer that the pic didn't show..let me try again:
486731_156461431194408_1481310535_n.jpg

Hopefully it worked this time :D
That is a beautiful gift. I love getting these living breathing gifts. I got a few rose plants as my birthday gifts this year and I cherish them. It is like someone saying I love you each time the plant blooms or has fresh growth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love getting new plants, they always make a perfect gift:D My boyfriend buys me a miniature rose from time to time and although I already have a lot of them, every single one is very special to me and makes me extremely happy!:D

Reaction score
That is a beautiful gift. I love getting these living breathing gifts. I got a few rose plants as my birthday gifts this year and I cherish them. It is like someone saying I love you each time the plant blooms or has fresh growth.

Awww what a sweet way to think about it...thanks for that! Plants do have a way of brightening my day <3 Especially when in bloom. My broom shrubs are beginning to bloom...I love it when the yard is colorful :)

Reaction score
I love getting new plants, they always make a perfect gift:D My boyfriend buys me a miniature rose from time to time and although I already have a lot of them, every single one is very special to me and makes me extremely happy!:D

I totally agree! Doesn't matter how many times I'm gifted any type of plant...each one is special in their own way!

Reaction score
I think plants make wonderful gifts! My mom loves indoor plants, so I always buy her one for mother's day and such.

Yes I usually get my mom the same...a perennial usually to add to the garden! This year I am making her her own garden (we share property) on her side...I will most likely be the one tending to it..but she wants it..so watever momma wants, momma gets

Ask a Question