Best Garden Hose?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I'm looking for the best non-kink garden hose of 50 to 100 feet in length. My #1 criteria is that the hose not kink. I bought a "non-kink" hose last summer and it's terrible -- kinks on almost every loop. So just because the manufacturer calls it kink-free that doesn't mean anything. What is your experience? What should I buy?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I invested in a flexzilla last year and it can kink but you got to really be pulling on it when coiled. I liked the horrible bright lime green colour of it too. No mistaking it for a snake! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I read reviews about Flexzilla before creating this post. I'm on the fence. I have a 15 or 20 year old Swan "Soft & Supple", but from what I'm reading, the current Soft & Supple is not what it used to be. It's getting bad reviews, which is a shame because my old hose is wonderful. I'm still using it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very good Draper heavy duty yellow hose. Very good. Has been in all sorts of elements for 5 years or more!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
@jonereb I bought mine at a Canadian Tire up here but believe I saw them at a Home Depot store too.d @Sean Regan do you know which stores over here in North America would sell that brand. The information might be helpful to John E Reb. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
@jonereb I bought mine at a Canadian Tire up here but believe I saw them at a Home Depot store too.d @Sean Regan do you know which stores over here in North America would sell that brand. The information might be helpful to John E Reb. :)

Sorry, I've no idea Lori, it's twenty years old. I don't use a hose much, mostly just for the front garden and washing the car on the drive.

For our small lawn I have these, which the kit cost me about fifty quid for me to install. As it's all "speed-fit," household plumbing pipe, it doesn't freeze in the Winter, the scars in the lawn disappeared after a couple of weeks. It took less than half a day to put it in. It's been working for six years now.

P1020979.JPG

P1020982.JPG

P1020984.JPG

For the borders, I have a leaky hose system, controlled by this ancient water meter, which you can set for a pre- determined number of gallons

P1060646.JPG

and two of these so I can water one or any combination of three sections of the borders.

P1060645.JPG

Having said all that, neither gets that much use here in the North-West of England.

Attachments

• P1020983.JPG
    P1020983.JPG
    473 KB · Views: 261
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have had great success with the pocket hose. You can get them at home Depot, not sure where else. I've yet to have one kink on me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Anyone ever used the KinkControl Plus by Apex? So far, my research tells me there is no such thing as a kink free hose -- unlike the hose I still have that's 15 to 20 years old. But KinkControl Plus has good reviews regarding the kinking issue.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a non-kink hose from Hozelock and it's been good for 7 years now. I think having a wall mounted auto-reel helps, as it means it's nicely wound up when not in use and doesn't have a chance to let any kinks settle (and weaken the hose walls).

BTW... That's a beautiful Acer you've got there @Sean Regan - I really like the popup sprinklers too!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't believe it's possible to, even, intentionally kink this hose when the water is turned on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-03-05-49-58-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-03-05-49-58-1.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 297
Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a Teknor Apex Neverkink hose two years ago. and have no problems so far. It is very durable.

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I have a "Gardena" hose, for about 5 years and it's 25m (82 feet) I think and I had no problem with the hose itself. It's supple and firm altogether. I'm really happy with the hose, but the sprayer and the connectors are not what they used to be.
I have this set:
gardena-hose-holder-50-complete.jpg

With this sprayer:
710uOSlOS0L._SL1500_.jpg

First the plastic on top of the sprayer where you can adjust the debit just broke (probably too thin plastic) after two years (while keeping the sprayer inside during the winters) and then the connector inside the "roller" broke. Thus all the water leaking out of the roller.
The sprayer can be easily replaced but that connector not, you are supposed to by the complete set again... luckily there is something like Ebay where people sell their stuff and one of the users sold a (partial) set like mine, and I could buy him only the part I needed :)
So to reply to your main question:
I advice the hose of Gardena, but not the "accessories"

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ask a Question