Best tines or cultivator arms for weeding carrot rows

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Looking at diffrent attachments for my 3pt hitch on 35hp tractor to go though rows of carrots
and keep them clean of weed pretty well. I also have a Mantis tiller for touch up if I need it.
I have around 1 acre garden that will be all rows of carrots.
I seen some pineneedle rakes that might work too and you can take off and move around
the rake spring wires to space around your rows. Also looked at single row cultivator where
the one row goes through the middle and 3 arms scrap the ground on each side of row.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Saw a couple in Scotland with plastic extender attached to specific number of their rakes - a long flat one. EG every alternate tooth, an extender is attached to dig hole and rake the soil. Don't know if it will help.

upload_2018-6-9_6-24-32.jpeg

Then you just insert plastic robust extenders as deemed fit.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Its a rainy day here in East Texas with 4 inches overnight and raining hard right now....and no garden or ranch work today. Just rummaging around reading old posts and came across this one looking for a way to cultivate 1 acre of carrots. My little 20 ft row of carrots produced more than enough for two people this entire year so I can't imagine what 1acre of carrots looks like.

I have exactly what the op needs for that 1 acre...a single row cultivator. Works better than any tiller or other method. By the looks of it, it may have been hand made...its old but very strong and effective. Would make short work out of that 1 acre of carrots...and that's a lot of carrots.

IMG_0472.JPG

Ask a Question