Sunflower Seedlings

Reaction score
I planted my sunflower seeds about a week ago, and now they have sprout. Is it normal for them to have part of the seed on top of the seedling?

Reaction score
Very normal, my friend grows a lot things from seeds and this is actually perfectly normal. Don't worry and let the seedlings do their thing :) Best of luck with your sun flowers :)(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This is perfectly normal and I have had several plants of mine to to this. All that is showing through is the casing that held the seed inside, so it will fall off eventually.

Reaction score
It is very normal for the "husk" to cling to the top of a new seedling. You can remove it, or leave it to come off as the leaves open and the plant grows. Enjoy your sunflowers.

Reaction score
Just to add to everything everyone said, it is perfectly normal. I have seen this happen with my bean plants that I started growing, I just leave it on there though because one time I picked it off and the plant didn't grow.

Ask a Question