Sunflower seedling dying

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
My sunflower seedling looks like it's dying.

i attempted tp grow a few sumdlower plants from seed. This was the first to sprout about two weeks ago. About a week ago i accidently knocked off tbe seed while closing the container it was germinating in. It was about half the height you see in the picture here.
I put it in soil (I'm not sure what kind of soil it is. Your guess from the picture is as good as mine) and for the past week have been keeping the soil moist.
It flopped over on me twice. So I took to spraying the soil at 8am, 1am, and just before i go to bed. I keep it inside on a windowsill in a room that is hardly ever used.
Three days ago, I noticed that the sprout (leaf part) had gone completely brown. The day I planted it there was green on the leaves although they weren't open yet.
Yesterday I looked at it and it looked scorched and the edges of the leaves were curling in. They opened up by the end if the day tho.
Today I checked on it and saw the stem looks like it's drying up and dying too.

Can anyone let me know what might be going wrong and if theres anyway to save it? I'm wondering if spraying it as much as I have is bad for it.
Screenshot_20231025_103445_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20231025_103445_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20231025_103355_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20231025_103337_Video Player.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed, where the stem goes narrow at the top is the give away that you have lost it despite all your effort, sorry.
This happens; when I plant seeds I always plant too many and keep only the best. It seems hard throwing out the others, but a sunflower produces hundreds of seeds and it only needs one to live to replace the parent, that's true of most plants. Better luck next time.

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Yeah it's definitely dead now. Thank you for the response. I had pregrerminated it in a small airtight container with some damp tissue

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Agreed, where the stem goes narrow at the top is the give away that you have lost it despite all your effort, sorry.
This happens; when I plant seeds I always plant too many and keep only the best. It seems hard throwing out the others, but a sunflower produces hundreds of seeds and it only needs one to live to replace the parent, that's true of most plants. Better luck next time.
Thank you very much for the response and well wishes

Ask a Question