Sprouting!

Reaction score
I've always wanted to try this but never got around to it. The instructions sound easy enough so I think the time is right for me! Now, I need to find some mung and alfalfa seeds to sprout. I will check out the closest health food store, I suppose. Does anyone know of an online outlet that has good seeds for sprouting?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing this guide, Trellum!:) One of the best things about sprouts is that they're so easy to grow. In the past, I used to grow them in a jar, but now I have a special container, it looks like this:

9dd6c1e917a07294.jpg

It's pretty convenient:)

Reaction score
Thanks for all of that information about sprouting, very informative! I love sprouts but had never really considered the idea of growing my own. It certainly is easy enough to do and doesn't take up much space. Where did you get that container from?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My mother bought it at a supermarket. As far as I know, it wasn't expensive at all. It's available in many stores in my area, you can also buy it online. I believe it's called "a seed sprouter".
Before I got it, I had grown sprouts in a jar. It was a pretty good method as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
I used to have a sprouter, but haven't used it for awhile. We like mung an alfalfa around here, We use them in salads, fried rice, or just sautee them.

Reaction score
Awesome :) I might buy sprouter in the future... nothing beats having fresh sprouts in your sandwiches and salads :) The ones I find at the store are rarely fresh, sometimes they're even soggy! Yikes!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never eaten store bought sprouts, but I can imagine that they aren't too tasty:p. After all, sprouts should be eaten when they're fresh and not too big. This way they're the most delicious.
I eat them every day, so the sprouter really comes in handy(y)

Reaction score
Wow, really? You must have a really healthy diet then! WAY healthier than mine for sure!!! :oops: I eat a lot things I shouldn't be eating, but I'll start sprouting soon, first with the method in the link and then after a bit I'll get sprouter (y)

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this guide, Trellum!:) One of the best things about sprouts is that they're so easy to grow. In the past, I used to grow them in a jar, but now I have a special container, it looks like this:

9dd6c1e917a07294.jpg

I saw this container and I thought ''wow!''. So you can sprout different seeds with just one sprouter, right? Where do you buy your seeds, by the way? I've never done this, so I'd really like to know where I could get alfalfa and mung beans. Should it be at the grocery store? Sorry if this sounds silly, but I'm a real novice when it comes to this :oops:

Reaction score
I've always wanted to try this but never got around to it. The instructions sound easy enough so I think the time is right for me! Now, I need to find some mung and alfalfa seeds to sprout. I will check out the closest health food store, I suppose. Does anyone know of an online outlet that has good seeds for sprouting?

I know what you mean, I have wanted to do this for very long, but I thought it was too tricky! That's how it was until I found this. And lol, I can't believe most users here like alfalfa and mung beans sprouts, just like I do :ROFLMAO::LOL: Best of look finding good seeds to sprout, I'm still looking for answers in that department...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I saw this container and I thought ''wow!''. So you can sprout different seeds with just one sprouter, right? Where do you buy your seeds, by the way? I've never done this, so I'd really like to know where I could get alfalfa and mung beans. Should it be at the grocery store? Sorry if this sounds silly, but I'm a real novice when it comes to this :oops:
Yes, my container has three "floors" so I can grow different kinds of sprouts at the same time in it:D It helps me save some space.
As for your second question, yes, I buy seeds at a grocery store in my area. They aren't expensive at all. I'm pretty sure you can purchase them online too.

Reaction score
Awesome :) I don't think I could eat that many sprouts, so a sprouter with just 2 levels would be good (y) I'll definitely get one of these! I'll look for both of them online :) I often worry about the source of the seeds, wih all those GMOs around, but I'll find a good source (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You don't have to use all the levels, you can leave some of them empty:). I never do this though, because I can eat unimaginable amounts of sprouts:p
To be honest, I totally forgot about GMO. I'm wondering if it really is unhealthy.

Reaction score

9dd6c1e917a07294.jpg

Your container is really cool. I haven't seen anything like that at my supermarket so i guess I'll look on Amazon.

I had to tear myself away from that article the OP posted about sprouts because I kept finding links to other interesting articles, like the one about 3D printing technology being used in food.

Ask a Question