Sprouting!

Reaction score
I haven't tried organic veggies yet, firelily, but if what you say is true... I will be wary to try my first one, lol, because I don't have enough to keep on buying organic produce. Maybe in the future, but not now. I imagine organic produce is amazing, just like the beef from grass fed cows.

Reaction score
Yes, sometimes it's better to do some research before experimenting;)
I'm very glad that I've never tried to sprout tomato seeds. Usually, I stick to seeds sold specifically for sprouting, so I guess I'm safe:)

Yeah, or flax seeds! It's good to have this kind of info around, because there are a lot people out there that might be like: ''oh nice, I have some tomato/flax seeds! I should sprout them'' :D:p It can happen, I've watched ''1,000 ways to die'', a lot people have died in such a weird and odd ways... bet death by sprouting is there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yeah, or flax seeds! It's good to have this kind of info around, because there are a lot people out there that might be like: ''oh nice, I have some tomato/flax seeds! I should sprout them'' :D:p It can happen, I've watched ''1,000 ways to die'', a lot people have died in such a weird and odd ways... bet death by sprouting is there.
Haha, I know that I have a twisted sense of humor, but I must say that 'death by sprouting' sounds really funny to me!:p
As for flax seeds, I often drink flax seed oil, so it's very possible that soon or later I'd try to sprout them if I didn't know that it can be dangerous.

Reaction score
Yeah, it would be very ironic, wouldn't it? Just like death by chocolate ;) I used to add flax seeds to my fruit smoothies, but since I'm trying to cut the sugar in my diet I no longer drink smoothies. You drink flax seed oil for your skin? Does it work that well?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Death by chocolate?:cautious: Don't scare me!:p
I was told that flaxseed oil contains omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, so yes, I drink it for my skin and for my hair.
To be honest, I haven't noticed any changes yet. I've been drinking it almost three months now:confused:

Reaction score
Oh don't worry :) 3 months isn't too long, and usually this kind of things take longer to start showing results ;) That's the problem with natural remedies; they take long to work. Hand in there and be patient, I'm sure you might start seeing results soon :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I have found seeds and grains from Bulk Barn generally have poor sprouting characteristics. Surmising it is probably caused by too much heat when drying the seeds. Anyway I found a Canadian supplier that has seeds that touted to be viable for germination. I ordered a kilo each of mung beans,chick peas and lentils to test germination.

http://www.sproutmaster.com/ (e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question