Sprouting seeds and beans

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
My new gardening magazine arrived this morning and has an article on sprouting seeds and beans, something I used to do years ago and had virtually forgotten about. The article recommends the same process I used years ago - soak the seeds or beans for up to 24 hours depending on size, keep them damp and warmish - rinsing with fresh water regularly and - bingo - fresh protein in about a week.

A quick glance round the store cupboard locates mung beans, both red and green lentils, chia, aduki beans and sunflower seeds. I have a few jam jars empty now so why not?

Any other seed spouters in the forum?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I eat sprouts almost every day, because they're delicious, very healthy and inexpensive:) My favorite are mung bean sprouts, I absolutely love them, thy're super yummy.
I also like radish sprouts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
Oooh - radish sprouts - now there's a thought. I have late radishes gone to seed in the nursery beds. Hmmm. Wellies on and up the garden I go!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I also love mung bean and alfalfa sprout but the alfalfa is now hard to find as many stores around our area won't carry them anymore. Chia sounds so wonder and it is on a high list of for health benefits.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oooh - radish sprouts - now there's a thought. I have late radishes gone to seed in the nursery beds. Hmmm. Wellies on and up the garden I go!
Radish sprouts taste like fresh radishes, I'm sure you'll love them:) They make a delicious combination with bread and hard boiled quail eggs:D

Ask a Question