Anyone sprouting beans or seeds to eat straight away?

Reaction score
I read so much about the value of fresh sprouts. I love alfalfa and mungbean sprouts. I am also really fond of fresh sunflower sprouts in my salads. I am currently experimenting with sprouting lentils and chickpeas. I would also like to try it with aduki beans and other types of beans. Can you suggest more seeds or beans that I could try out? What about pumpkin seeds?

Reaction score
As Claudine said, I think you would be better off if you check those threads :) They are full of a lot info and really good suggestions, so if you have the time, please check them out :) I'm sure you will find a lot great ideas over there; a lot forum members enjoy the taste of fresh sprouts ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
As Claudine said, I think you would be better off if you check those threads :) They are full of a lot info and really good suggestions, so if you have the time, please check them out :) I'm sure you will find a lot great ideas over there; a lot forum members enjoy the taste of fresh sprouts ;)
Fresh sprouts are the most delicious, aren't they? I always eat them raw. I tried to cook them only once and they lost all their flavor.
Usually, I eat them like candies :) It makes me really happy when I have a plate full of different sprouts in front of me:D:love:

Reaction score
I like pea sprouts most, but sprout a large variety of seeds. I get my sprouting seeds from sproutpeople.com they have an amazing number of different seeds to sprout, and some special mixes they've created.

Reaction score
Fresh sprouts are the most delicious, aren't they? I always eat them raw. I tried to cook them only once and they lost all their flavor.
Usually, I eat them like candies :) It makes me really happy when I have a plate full of different sprouts in front of me:D:love:

Yummy!!! Do you eat them alone or you pair them with something else? I love eating sprouts, mostly in sandwiches and salads, but not sure how I could eat them alone :love::LOL: Do you eat them with a salad dressing?

Reaction score
Reaction score
I like pea sprouts most, but sprout a large variety of seeds. I get my sprouting seeds from sproutpeople.com they have an amazing number of different seeds to sprout, and some special mixes they've created.
Sproutpeople, that sounds great. I like that name.:) I have to check them out. I have never tried peas, apart from snow peas, which I like a lot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yummy!!! Do you eat them alone or you pair them with something else? I love eating sprouts, mostly in sandwiches and salads, but not sure how I could eat them alone :love::LOL: Do you eat them with a salad dressing?
Usually, I eat them alone:) But it really depends on sprouts. For example, mung bean sprouts are really delicious, so I just wash them and eat them without adding anything.
As for radish sprouts, I prefer to put them in a sandwich, because they burn my tongue:p

Reaction score
I have seen they sell the sprouts here with a small portion of dressing, the dressing is contained in a small container, so I have no idea what kind of dressing it is. What dressing do you think would go best with alfalfa sprouts?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have seen they sell the sprouts here with a small portion of dressing, the dressing is contained in a small container, so I have no idea what kind of dressing it is. What dressing do you think would go best with alfalfa sprouts?
To be honest, I have no idea:p. I've never been a big fan of salad dressings. I like my vegetables (and sprouts) the way they are, which is raw and fresh, without any addictions. But who knows, maybe I should start experimenting? It's always nice to try something new. What are your favorite dressings?

Reaction score
To be honest I don't like most commercial brands of dressing, at east not the ones that are made in my country! They are just awful! Most of the American ones are good tho, I love the Cesar salad dressing and the one with blue cheese :)

Reaction score
I used to make my own broccoli sprouts but got out of the habit of doing so. After visiting my local Whole Foods store and seeing how expensive a package of them are, I've gone back to sprouting my own. I can't wait to taste that first, crisp batch; it always makes me feel instantly healthy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To be honest I don't like most commercial brands of dressing, at east not the ones that are made in my country! They are just awful! Most of the American ones are good tho, I love the Cesar salad dressing and the one with blue cheese :)
My boyfriend loves blue cheese, he always encourages me to try it, but I'm not brave enough to do it. All moldy cheeses seems kind of disgusting to me:eek:
I sometimes eat sprouts with quark (in Poland, we call it white cheese, I'm not sure why:p). With a few fresh radishes, it makes a perfect breakfast.

Reaction score
Not only is this a straightforward and easy way of making something to eat, but it is also very very healthy. If you go online and look around you will see that many of those sprouts are filled with nutrients, this makes it even healthier to eat and you get a lot more antioxidants. I’d say it is a great idea!

Ask a Question