Solar light misfires

Peg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello All! I have a solar light, one of many, that has it's days & nights mixed up! I've changed the battery, & turned it off during the day to try to re-set the sensor. I also cleaned the sensor with a bit of rubbing alcohol. Is there a way to fix the issue or do I now have simply a pretty during the day garden ornament! My first post!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hello All! I have a solar light, one of many, that has it's days & nights mixed up! I've changed the battery, & turned it off during the day to try to re-set the sensor. I also cleaned the sensor with a bit of rubbing alcohol. Is there a way to fix the issue or do I now have simply a pretty during the day garden ornament! My first post!
Hello! Welcome!

Pictures, model numbers and anything you can add that helps is great because there are thousands of lights out there and I am not even able to begin to help without some detail.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Solar lights will become dusty since they’re mainly used outdoors, and over time, they will collect dirt and residues that will minimize their capability to acquire sufficient sunlight. Regular cleaning and maintenance could be beneficial to prolong your solar lights’ lifespan and lessen the time required before they call for replacement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Hardy the whole idea of putting your location on your profile is so that your fellow gardeners will know how to answer your future comments/queries when they are aware of your hardiness zone. We can all see the USA flag. How about updating it? :)

Ask a Question