So, what did Santa bring you?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@alp my wife organized my sock drawer and they are sorted left to right by age and condition and associated by style. She was sure many of hers were in there. Dress socks were consolidated by color in another drawer. All I can do sometimes is say "Thank You".

@Tjohn I was looking at seed sites tonight. Anything more interesting than the others?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@DirtMechanic Awwwwwwwwwww! That's why I'm divorced!:eek::eek::LOL::LOL:!

In my son's case, I will have to train him to sort his own mess out as I don't think he's lucky enough to have a wife like yours. Indeed, I'm worried that he might have no wife!:eek::LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That sounds brilliant. .99c is nothing. @Tjohn! Look forward to seeing your rare plants.
I don't think they are all that rare, but they are unusual for home gardens. I grew Celtus, Orange Globes, Ground Cherries, and Toy Choy last year. The Celtus didn't survive the slugs, but everything else did well. In the end I got turnips,tomatillos, and cabbage. Not very exotic!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I intend to attempt artichoke this year, but need a perennial, where the green globe and some others are grown to be annual. I am sure I understand the seed sellers position, but oh my aching back!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think they are all that rare, but they are unusual for home gardens. I grew Celtus, Orange Globes, Ground Cherries, and Toy Choy last year. The Celtus didn't survive the slugs, but everything else did well. In the end I got turnips,tomatillos, and cabbage. Not very exotic!

They are exotic to me. I need to google Celtus, Orange Globes, Ground Cherries (the pineapple physallis?) Toy Choy.. All new to me! It's a gardener's journey in which you want to tick this, done that ..

Haha! Just googled Celtus. Google gave me three men and three funny looking veg.. Do you eat the whole plant? Orange globe is a flower:eek::D ? I am out of my depth here!:giggle:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I intend to attempt artichoke this year, but need a perennial, where the green globe and some others are grown to be annual. I am sure I understand the seed sellers position, but oh my aching back!

Your wife will hate you for that! A lot of boiling for very little bit of flesh to eat, but the bees will LOOOOve you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They are exotic to me. I need to google Celtus, Orange Globes, Ground Cherries (the pineapple physallis?) Toy Choy.. All new to me! It's a gardener's journey in which you want to tick this, done that ..

Haha! Just googled Celtus. Google gave me three men and three funny looking veg.. Do you eat the whole plant? Orange globe is a flower:eek::D ? I am out of my depth here!:giggle:
Celtus is a lettuce that has a thick stalk that is the edible part, Orange Globes are Boule D'or Turnips, and Ground Cherries are P. Pruinosa. Hope that helps!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2017-12-30_6-20-38.jpeg

Ground cherries?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This year I am going to try sweet potatoes, Romanesque Broccoli, Strawberry Spinach, and Huckleberries. Has anyone else ever tried the Strawberry Spinach ?

Ask a Question