Crepe myrtle- how did I do??

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All,
I trimmed my large crepe myrtles in North Carolina. They were very beautiful but I didn't want as much shedding on my car in the drive. I have a couple of questions.
1.) did I trim them back correctly?

2.) there are a couple longer branches. Would you trim the longer ones back anymore? Or shape it differently?

I am a rookie and open for all coaching advice!! Much appreciated. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3457.JPG
    IMG_3457.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_3458.JPG
    IMG_3458.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_3459.JPG
    IMG_3459.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 237
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
No because the fine growth that will come will have a nice shape given your structure. I believe we have the same CM given the appearance of the trunk. Ours are more vertical but you have captured a nice width with yours.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you feed them at all with fertilizer or any bug stuff? My neighbor started spraying for mosquitoes last year and we had a bit of a problem with some sort of aphids attacking the leaves. I guess the mosquitoes normally eat the aphids. I thought that was crazy. If it happens again this year I may need to apply something.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
20171010_163901.jpg

We used to rub them and fertilize them but once they matured they have not needed much more than when I fertilize the yard.

Ask a Question