So, what did Santa bring you?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Santa visited during the night, and under the tree this morning I found a trowel, hand cultivator, and a pair of very small Fiskars micro-tip pruners perfect for thinning seedlings without pulling them out and disturbing the roots of others. He also brought me a clip-on utility hook rack unit made to fit some of the shelving I use in the greenhouse. Santa also brought me a pallet buster, pallet nail puller and pallet air-powered nail puncher. Now, it will be so much easier to dismantle those pallets for my pallet projects...one of which is to build an insulated knee wall around my greenhouse. My better half got some presents from Santa, too; a new garden bird feeder and an insect hotel for the garden along with 16 pounds of premium bird seed and a new bird seed storage/pourer container. There were some other things, but I thought you might be more interested in the garden items. Actually, we stopped giving luxury presents way back and now give presents that we can use in our hobbies and around the house.

So, what did Santa bring you?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
DSCI0001 (10).JPG

:eek::eek::eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Nuttin.... which is just fine :)

I already have lots of great gardening stuff and I have my new seed catalogues that will entertain me for lots of hours. Love reading all the descriptions. Although, I think they should add the words "Look out for spider mites or aphids!" at the bottom of every page :D

My kids and grandkids are safe and warm. (y)

And I am about to watch my favourite Christmas movies while still lounging around in my jammies. A Christmas Story is playing on one station all day so I can enjoy it whenever I choose to and several stations are airing the other classics such as A Christmas Carol, It's a Wonderful Life, etc. (y)

I've got a small 14 pound bird to stuff and roast later and I have lots of Christmas cake on hand - I made double batches and only gave out about 1/3 of what I baked.. guess I'm on the naughty list now...:rolleyes:

Hope everyone received what they wished for :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
@LIcenter looks like we Canadians are sending you some snow for a white Christmas - enjoy!
Thanks, back atcha Lori!
It was pouring rain about thirty min. ago, followed by some huge snowflakes, and now it's all done. Looking at the limited use of the bird feeders, I'd have to say it ain't happening today.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Santa was very good to us this year. We received a fresh bunch of spinach, a head of broccoli, several fresh eggs, and all the peace and quiet we wanted! Our holiday was punctuated by cat meows, but those were soon silenced by a bowl of chicken broth left from last night's chicken picatta.
Merry Christmas, y'all!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Let me start by saying, I do not need anything.
Ok, so got three interesting cheeses from husband, and two books, and some cookware for kitchen, and some sun hanger things from Key West, one a fish and one a shell. My best friend got me some wine, and chocolate covered gram crackers, and some holiday kitchen towels and hot pads that match. my other friend got me some flower bulbs, and candy and home grown garlic, and a hand made apron.--see the picture, there is no ties, really cool. Think I'll open that wine.
IMG_4560.JPG

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well I hope everyone had a great Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate. I had another great one this year. Last year my youngest was 1 year old and didn't really have any idea what was going on, safe to say this year she had a pretty good grasp on the situation. As for me I received a camoflauge beanie with a head lamp built inside, some warm hunting gloves and some wolverine socks. Mt favorite gift was a book on being a substinance farmer, I already read 5 chapters this morning and think it will be very helpful in my indevours. Oh my dad got me a gift card to Lowe's which will eventually become my 4x4 posts for the fence around the garden. Absolutely love the holidays.
15142540674121038084729.jpg

Ask a Question