Rose colors - did you know that?

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello everyone! I love roses and I am sure that everyone love them too! But did you know that their colours are symbolic? I read a post yesterday about it so I think that good idea is to share it with you! I think that it is an interesting fact, about which not everyone know, but for sure it will surprise your relatives!
Red roses - it is simple, because they are - of course - symbol of love, so they are perfect for date or just to show someone that you like him/her
Yellow roses - you may have some connotiations about yellow color - sun, luck, joy..However, they are opposite to it. They mean that you are jealous, unhonesty and other negative feelings.
White roses - white color symbolise that you care and your feelings are real
Pink roses - it means that you really like this person, it is said that pink roses are good to surprise somebody
Did you know that facts? Do you pay attention to what color are you choosing?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Oh, I plant any rose of any color, even bi-color roses, and don't worry about the meaning of the rose's color.
When I take roses in a bud vases to the local nursing home, I have no idea who gets what rose, and I hope they just enjoy the rose and its scent. Here is Bengal Tiger, a bi-color rose with a light scent that people seem to love!
Bengal Tiger rose.jpg

elo

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Oh, I plant any rose of any color, even bi-color roses, and don't worry about the meaning of the rose's color.
When I take roses in a bud vases to the local nursing home, I have no idea who gets what rose, and I hope they just enjoy the rose and its scent. Here is Bengal Tiger, a bi-color rose with a light scent that people seem to love!
View attachment 37157

How lovely! Both the flower and the manner in which you share them! Sweet!

elo

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I love roses and I am sure that everyone love them too! But did you know that their colours are symbolic? I read a post yesterday about it so I think that good idea is to share it with you! I think that it is an interesting fact, about which not everyone know, but for sure it will surprise your relatives!
Red roses - it is simple, because they are - of course - symbol of love, so they are perfect for date or just to show someone that you like him/her
Yellow roses - you may have some connotiations about yellow color - sun, luck, joy..However, they are opposite to it. They mean that you are jealous, unhonesty and other negative feelings.
White roses - white color symbolise that you care and your feelings are real
Pink roses - it means that you really like this person, it is said that pink roses are good to surprise somebody
Did you know that facts? Do you pay attention to what color are you choosing?

I think I found the article you read, it was giving color meanings from the Victorian Era. Things have changed a bit, lol here's a link for updated color symbolism. :) http://www.passiongrowers.com/web/ot/colors.asp

Ask a Question