?? Did I pick to early

Reaction score
Country
United States
He is a picture of my sweet banana pepper, I just picked it. The reason is because of the dark markings. 1st time trying to grow sweet banana peppers.
20181026_133115.jpg
20181026_133058.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
He is a picture of my sweet banana pepper, I just picked it. The reason is because of the dark markings. 1st time trying to grow sweet banana peppers.View attachment 46590 View attachment 46591
This is totally normal. I don't know the reason although I suspect it is caused by a temperature change. Many varieties of peppers will do this but I think jalapenos are the most common and bananas next. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt a thing except its looks and taste buds don't care what something looks like.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here in Tx it did get into a bit of a cold spell, around low to mid 40's. Temperature ranges from high 40's-50's at night to high mid 70's at times.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Would this pepper be any good for eating or should I toss it.
Would this pepper be any good for eating or should I toss it.
There is nothing wrong with the pepper at all. All the black is is a skin blemish. Don't worry about it. It will taste just the same as without the blemish. Please update your profile so we will all know where you live and have an idea of what could be wrong.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My Banana Peppers had the same purple blemish, caused by temperature fluctuations. They were perfectly fine tasting! You can let them get a bit bigger, though.....

Ask a Question