Small bald patches on year old lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new lawn laid last May. Everything was fine last summer but in the autumn we started to get muddy circles coming up across the lawn which I think is from worms underground. After the winter we noticed a fair amount of bald patches and we're not sure if it is related to the mud that come up in the autumn or not.

Some of the lawn is very lush and green but we're worried that the number and size of the bald patches is growing. I've laid seed and that has helped in some areas.

Does anyone know what might be causing it and what the remedy is?

How do you effectively deal with mud coming up from worms?

Is it too late to lay seed now (we're in London)?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20200518_202643.jpg
    20200518_202643.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200518_202626.jpg
    20200518_202626.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 118
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only thing you can do now ,is try to make your grass as healthy as possible now that it's the active growing season. Work on getting your lawn lush and green and the brown spots will go away. To be honest I don't think its that bad, and by the end of the season, you can take another look. I'm in the US and I don't know anything about London lawns, but your lawn doesn't look that bad to me.

Ask a Question