Small Dwarf Banana

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Denmark has unusually mild winters now so it would be 10b
Country
Denmark
Hey guys, I am looking for all the advice about the dwarf banana plant! We bought it from a plant nursery, it was not looking so good so we wanted to see if we could help it. I cut the leaves that looked bad, we repotted the plant, but am wondering was that a good idea and what to do further if something is needed? One leaf recovered and the middle one opened up. All your experience would be good to read :) The first picture is from April 23, and the last two from today (May 9).
20200509_133607.jpg
20200509_134708.jpg

20200509_134742.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
It needs more light, because they are Sun lovers at least 8 hrs per day to thrive. You may can keep it alive with 6 hrs of light but if less than 6 hours your plant will go into a state decline.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Denmark has unusually mild winters now so it would be 10b
Country
Denmark
It needs more light, because they are Sun lovers at least 8 hrs per day to thrive. You may keep it alive with 6 hrs of light but if less than 6 hours your plant will go into a state decline.
:) Planned on buying the plant light actually, but since both I and my bf are students, we cannot afford it currently :/. In the next few months, we will try and get it. Now it might not be a big problem since Denmark is getting longer and longer days, but for winter we will definitely prepare for it! In the plant nursery where we got it, it didn't have much light, only humidity and it had brown spots and edges on the leaves. Hopefully, we will manage to care for it further :) I believe this is the reason it only cost 10 dkk ($1.45 :LOL:)

SubbuPD

Subbu PD
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Singapore
Country
Singapore
Hey guys, I am looking for all the advice about the dwarf banana plant! We bought it from a plant nursery, it was not looking so good so we wanted to see if we could help it. I cut the leaves that looked bad, we repotted the plant, but am wondering was that a good idea and what to do further if something is needed? One leaf recovered and the middle one opened up. All your experience would be good to read :) The first picture is from April 23, and the last two from today (May 9).
View attachment 64677View attachment 64678
View attachment 64679

Looking cool. keep it near sun light. Eager to see it much grown...

Ask a Question