Septoria infestested potting mix?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got about 70 gallons of potting mix from tomatoes that got septoria pretty bad. I got another 170 gallons from non tomato plants that had their own minor issues but nothing like the septoria. Fox farm 1 year old kokobop. It's just been sitting out there all winter. Was going to reuse everything, I don't even know how I'd get rid of it... what are your thoughts, toss it all, keep some, keep all. Getting concerned about it, but I don't know how I'd get rid of it if that's the right thing to do... giant garden tiny house, lemme know!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The fungal spores blow in the wind so it would not only be in the potting mix but in the nearby soil and plants. You could try pouring boiling water into the potting mix before planting to hopefully knock it back.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The fungal spores blow in the wind so it would not only be in the potting mix but in the nearby soil and plants. You could try pouring boiling water into the potting mix before planting to hopefully knock it back.
Yeah, I think I'm screwed till I move. Georgia humidity is a bitch. Guess I'll keep it and rotate, strawberries shouldn't be affected and maybe potatoes can go in those containers, or squash perhaps. I'll just have to keep things tidy I guess... hydrogen peroxide before and after a rain, that copper bs once everything is dry.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I always feel boiling water has to get cold before it has done its job. A nursery I knew had an insulated box they could fill, then feed steam into, that worked pretty well. I have always wanted an old microwave, pretty sure that would work, but there is a lot of it, and I don't know what happens if there is a stone in it

Ask a Question