Selling house, want to dig up some plants, sell on gumtree - do's and don'ts -ADVICE?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello fellow mucky fingers.

I have a few good sized bamboo, black bamboo, oliver tree ( 7ft but in a raised bed ), plenty of laurel ( 3 - 4ft )...italian cypress ( im aware anything like that likely will die/brown if i move them )

So, never really planned out my garden, as a result moved about plants a fair bit - some died but mostly , the ones mentioned, were ok .

SO - 'forced' to sell house ( long story ) the greenhouse will stay but i certaintly want to dig up a few plants ( mostly in raised wooden beds i made anyway ) - looking on Gumtree, i see so silly prices ( talk about B&Q! ) - but if they are selling..i want to join in.

Question is -any thoughts on me digging up a few, trying to sell them for a few extra pennies? any do's and dont's. Im aware some plants, dig a trench around , water a lot, wait a few days or longer and then dig up. Re-pot them..and take a few photos and see if anyones interested. Sadly where im moving too is rented etc no garden etc ( again long story - women pah! )

Just wondered and thoughts really.

CHEERS

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
You will never know.... but I would never ever give advice to someone who considers all women "pah"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comment. You claim it is 'illegal' but then mention 'without informing' - so it's not illegal if you inform the buyer.
I was going to do! - in the same way I would be telling them the curtains, the stove etc etc are not included.

Once again -thanks for the comment - adding nothing of value to my actual question though.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
and to add OWD - i very clearly mentioned plants were in a raised bed which i had built. Essentially a plant pot - which would not be classed as part of a house sale.

Really - this 'forum' gets better and better. Thankfully there are other much more useful forums out there.

Waste of time really.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
What a totally useless 'forum' this is! Not for the first time i have posted on here - the LACK of responce is ridiclious ! call yourself a forum!!! pathetic.

You must remember that the members of this forum are international so will respond at different times of the day. Also access to the internet in some countries is limited, so please be patient. Maybe the lack of response is due to your attitude.

There is no reason why you can't remove plants to sell but as Owdboggy has pointed out, you must tell the new owners before contracts are signed that you intend to remove them. Oh and a raised bed is exactly that so part of the garden. It won't pass as a pot or trough.

Im aware some plants, dig a trench around , water a lot, wait a few days or longer and then dig up. Re-pot them..and take a few photos and see if anyones interested.

That's a good plan and hopefully the plants will cope with the disturbance.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
At the risk of going against moderator standards of behavior @garjobo79

Why don't you take all the plants out of your garden and shove them right up your arse you rude son of a bitch.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a totally useless 'forum' this is! Not for the first time i have posted on here - the LACK of responce is ridiclious ! call yourself a forum!!! pathetic.
what a ridiculous response! (little spelling lesson) You my friend let down our nation. I challenge you to find a forum elsewhere where anyone will appreciate your bad manners.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
of course the couple of replies only serve to 'tell off' and offer NOTHING...i repeat NOTHING of any value whatsoever. Shame, shame on you. This IS literally one of the very worst forums i have ever known. Utterly useless. Unfriendly. Unhelpful.

Ask a Question