Seeds or Cuttings?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not beating around the bush like making a little money and like plants.

We live in a heavy Tourist Area. So thinking of selling some plants a Vegetables.

Yes I can get extra plants from Cuttings but I can get Seed of another type and same color.

Do most of you just go from Seed? I've seen some I really like.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Google "vegetable seeds for sale" and send off for their free catalogs. Cuttings are OK but a little iffy. Seeds are cheap and easy. I haven't bought a plant in years, everything from seed. And if you are going to sell to tourists you must have something that they can't get at home and seeds are the only way to do this.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been buying from Edan Brothers. They sell in bulk and some interesting varieties.

Cuttings are ok for a mixed Pot.

Thinking of selling Plants, Vegetables from the Mennonites, Campfire Wood,Eggs, Jellies, Soap and Embroidery Stuff and Vinyl Print stuff.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Son got on the old man yesterday.

I let my wife know I was going to plant the whole yard. So of course she told our Son.

He I believe misunderstood. He had me using cuttings of unknown varieties and putting them on tables to sell, then got mad because I wouldn't listen.

Told him my game plan. Put Perennials along two sides and Hedge along the other.

Maybe Raised Beds along the drive. And various plants in between.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Not beating around the bush like making a little money and like plants.

We live in a heavy Tourist Area. So thinking of selling some plants a Vegetables.

Yes I can get extra plants from Cuttings but I can get Seed of another type and same color.

Do most of you just go from Seed? I've seen some I really like.

big rockpile
no need to dance around it! Making a little extra cash and getting into the plant game sounds like a cool plan, especially in a bustling tourist area. When it comes to starting your plant business, you have a couple of options. You can go the cuttings route, snagging some extra plants that way, or you can get your hands on some seeds of a different type but with the same color. It really depends on what you prefer. Personally, I've seen some real beauties grown from seeds that I totally dig. So go with what you vibe with and start growing those green wonders!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I be impressed if I do sell a lot of plants.

But seen some Eye Catchers through another company, as far as seed.

I do have Diminsha and Physical problems getting around but dang.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was watching a video of Commercial Greenhouse.

He had one Greenhouse with Mother Plants. He said they do a lot of cuttings to cut down on costs.

I told my wife most people like pretty don't really care what it is.

I'm going to do both Cuttings and Seed.

big rockpile

Ask a Question