Requesting assistance, pls. Hurt lucky bamboo restoration advice needed!

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello there, y'all beautiful wonders of this world. A few days ago I decided to take initiative and take this cute lucky bamboo home and read about it to see what I can do to make them better. They've been at my workplace for a while and their leaves have been turning yellow, now 3 or 4 are mostly yellow (picture was taken 4 days before me taking them home).
It's hot at work, chiller not working for long, was exposed to direct sunlight each day, but only a short period of day and tap water was the only one given. When I read how to treat such an adowable being and how wrongly it was treated, well, I can imagine they must be a tough fellow who survived.

Their roots have overgrown in that little vase, so long that the poor fellow cannot be pulled out of the vase, so I guess breaking it is the only way. However, the roots are greenish and gave them enough water that it covers the roots.

Changed its water, put them in a well-lit room without being in direct sunlight, gave them a few drops of Boracal (fertiliser) and changed its water with freshwater. Any more tips? I sure hope the lil' one comes back to a lush state!

PS The plant's stem is green on some segments and pale green turnes whitish on some segments. Picture shows it as brown for some reason...

Huggies and thanks in advance! >:D<
Stay awesome and live (b)right!
IMG_20230623_161327.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can tell your tap water is alkaline because the plant's leaves are suffering from Iron chlorosis.

Ask a Question