Mint (spearmint) requesting help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 small spearmint plants. In an approximately 3-4 inch diameter pot..
I've transplanted them into a long rectangular pot which I put all 3 in and there's still more room to grow.
I'm watering using a spray bottle. As I've heard you don't want to get the leaves wet as leaf fungus is a thing. So I spray directly onto the soil. Evenly and consistently.

I've placed them in a sunny window that receives sunlight first thing in the morning. But not in the mid or late afternoon (during march)

I'm seeing some leaves with little holes. Some with slight Browning and the occasional one dry and shriveling up.
It doesn't seem that alarming at the moment. Especially considering the cold weather/not much sun in Western/Southern Germany.
But it does cause me concern.

1. I am unsure how much to water.
From what I gather. Mint are rather hardy.
Nevertheless I hear that the soil "shouldn't be dry and warm"
But also "shouldn't be drenched"
In my opinion there seems to be a wide chasm between dry and warm and drenched.
I'm trying not to soak these plants. Because I've had problems with midge gnats or fungus gnats (not sure what you call them) when I grew basil before
But at the same time I want them to flourish and not die due to dehydration.
HOW MUCH SHOULD I WATER PLEASE!!

2. Fertilizer : I got an expensive organic, liquid fertilizer. Which is supposedly for "All plants"
according to the instructions I made up 1 litre of fertilizer. (I only had to use a tiny amount of fertilizer for 1 litre of water)
Now i don't want to over fertilize.
SO HOW OFTEN AND HOW MUCH SHOULD I FERTILIZE USING THIS SOLUTION.

3. Any other advice please?

Thanks very much

P.s. what other similar forums can I peruse

Ask a Question