Bug identification on basil and mint

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Pictures attached. I live in the middle east in Dubai.

This bug destroyed my lavender few years ago. I just threw them eventually.

After several years and a new location I started growing basil and mint and this bug is now here too and destroying both of them. It comes after sunset.

I have a pic with my hand behind and another zoomed in pic of the bug. I used my spray bottle and sprayed it with water and it didn't budge a millimetre as if it's dead but I know its alive.

Also what are those where spots on the leaves. Someone gave me this mint plant potted and it had those spots.

Mint was supposed to be easiest to grow lol I'm failing miserably lol. Help.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20200516_020152.jpg
    20200516_020152.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 20200516_020238.jpg
    20200516_020238.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I believe that is a weevil.
Thank you. I have very few stems and leaves on both my mint and basil and its destroying them. How do I make it go away? I dont want to kill it. I tried spraying water on it directly from my mister hoping it would get annoyed and move but it didnt budge. It was on my basil first and now decided to settle on my mint every night

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pests are on your plant because you are over-watering it and stressing it. A stressed plant will always get an infestation before a healthy one will. If you continue to over-water it, it won't matter what kind of spray you use, because the bugs will return. Allow the top inch to dry well before watering again.

Ask a Question