Radish leaves

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hi there Why are my radish leaves looking this colour in the pot plant, as if they are losing their green colour ? Please help. Is it normal.

Attachments

• 1A0E6D8F-E5A2-46AA-A958-41308093B456.jpeg
    1A0E6D8F-E5A2-46AA-A958-41308093B456.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 130
Reaction score
Country
United States
Rhizoctonia or Fusarium root (stem rot). This fungal disease thrives in warm soil. This disease is common in wet soils with a low pH. Its common when the temps are warm and you use potting soil in containers. Thin out the radishes a little, and let the soil dry more between waterings and see if that helps. Don't use any fertilizer on your plants or it will get worse.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rhizoctonia or Fusarium root (stem rot). This fungal disease thrives in warm soil. This disease is common in wet soils with a low pH. Its common when the temps are warm and you use potting soil in containers. Thin out the radishes a little, and let the soil dry more between waterings and see if that helps. Don't use any fertilizer on your plants or it will get worse.
This is on a different note - I want to say something about radish leaves.... when they are healthy they are great in salads! Its such a waste to throw them out like I used to! Just so everyone knows - they are yummy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
This is on a different note - I want to say something about radish leaves.... when they are healthy they are great in salads! Its such a waste to throw them out like I used to! Just so everyone knows - they are yummy!
they are gret in salads and any type of stir fry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I use them all the time in stir fry. Really good. Can we wash and cook them if there are insect damage ?
It depends on how damaged they are. I have eaten them before if there are a few insect bites taken out of them and I'm still kickin' :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My wife has a small aquarium for a Betta which is a kind of self sustaining little system and grows micro greens in the top. Mustard is one of the most prolific and I agree the greens are delicious. When I lived in the UK over 40 years ago, you used to be able to buy little containers of "mustard and cress" which were good too. As long as the leaves are otherwise healthy, a few nibbles out of them shouldn't be a problem.

Ask a Question