Radishes devoured overnight!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For months I've been growing different varieties of Radishes in my poly tunnel with excellent results and no hassle until today... Two buckets or newly sprouted seedlings have been ravaged! Is this by slugs (no slug trails to be seen) or Mice? or Rats? do they eat radish leaves. And... without their leaves are they as good dead now and shall I start again?
IMG_0171.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum. That`s a bit soul destroying ennit :( Could be rabbits, pheasants, partridges ? Looks like you might need to do a night watch or two. Do you leave the tunnel open at night? If it`s not a burrowing animal, you might keep the culprit out with netting over the doorway.
......... as an afterthought - do you get on ok with the neighbours? ;)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. It’s a closed poly tunnel with Mesh on the doors but there’s a hole under the frame at one end looks like a mouse/rat hole. I didn’t think they liked greens ‍

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rats and mice will eat anything. When I worked at the nursery, they would even eat the black plastic pots. This is a time when cats are helpful in the garden - failing that, I would use traps - not poison.
It rather looks like you`ll be sowing some more seeds then :cat:

Ask a Question