Rabbits in my garden beds

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've noticed a rabbit in my garden bed twice now, and after shooing it away and going to check on my plants, I've noticed some of them have gone missing. Should I plant some more seeds after getting a fence for my garden, or should I wait for them to grow back. Also, how tall should my rabbit fence be to keep them out of my garden beds?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've noticed a rabbit in my garden bed twice now, and after shooing it away and going to check on my plants, I've noticed some of them have gone missing. Should I plant some more seeds after getting a fence for my garden, or should I wait for them to grow back. Also, how tall should my rabbit fence be to keep them out of my garden beds?
I used 4 ft. chicken wire buried 1 foot deep and it kept them out but didn't do much for the deer though. As for the seeds it depends on what they were and where you are located. A rabbit will dig under a fence, thus the burying a portion of the wire.

Ask a Question