Fencing that allows Rabbits but blocks Cats

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our cats keep killing the baby rabbits in the spring that live under our deck.
Does anyone know of a fencing that is sized to allow mother rabbits but block cats?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Use an electric fence wire. Predators do not do well with electric fencing,

Neither do rabbits!

My cats used to eat rabbits - saved me a fortune on dinners for them. I wish the dogs would do the same, the wretched rabbits eat my new plants - or dig them up :(

Zigs just suggested a super magnet on the cat`s collar, and a metal strip around the decking, then the cat will get stuck to the metal and the rabbits will be able to escape :joyful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Neither do rabbits!

My cats used to eat rabbits - saved me a fortune on dinners for them. I wish the dogs would do the same, the wretched rabbits eat my new plants - or dig them up :(

Zigs just suggested a super magnet on the cat`s collar, and a metal strip around the decking, then the cat will get stuck to the metal and the rabbits will be able to escape :joyful:
Brilliant! It inspired me think of a velcro harness. But then you would have to peel the cat off the various walls and spaces where the loops were attached from time to time.

Ask a Question