Purple Shamrock

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you MaryMary:) Purple shamrock is a wonderful plant. Do you grow it too?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@claudine, earlier in this thread, (posts #49-54,) Esther and I were discussing the possibility of my going to PA to get a bit of her purple shamrock!! But even though we live in neighboring states, she is still about a 9 hour drive from me. :eek:

given mine getting so packed, I will have to thin it down, any takers? that are local, in America.
And there you go again, Esther!! Teasing me with promises of plants!! You know I want one, you... you...you devil, you! :devil: :p :ROFLMAO:

But...my mother had a friend in Indiana that sent her a cutting from her Christmas cactus. Just to show her the color of the flower. Mom rooted it, and it grew. Maybe if you wrapped it in one of those "bubble wrap envelopes," it might survive the trip through the mail.

If you are serious, I'd be overjoyed to PM you my address!! :unsure:

:love: Purple shamrock... I'll get you yet, my little pretty!!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:( @Esther Knapicius , You seem to have blocked me, or maybe everyone in general. I think you have to change your "Contact details" or maybe your privacy setting.

The following error occurred:
Participants:
You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: Esther Knapicius.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Not sure what happened. Maybe I did not release something I was suppose to release. Or maybe when I tried to stop the emails from coming to me every time there was an alert here I I also blocked this. OK will go in and try to figure it out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That's wonderful!!!:) I'm sure it will survive the trip through the mail. And it's a gorgeous plant, growing it is a pure pleasure:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
IMG_1247.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Esther Knapicius, your purple shamrock looks beautiful! I like it very much. It's such a wonderful plant:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
update today. brought it in very full of purple in November, cut it down to the quick. in a window for the winter. up it comes again. Now flowering crazy. For interest it is 20 inches across and 10 inches high.
29101912_10216337926504619_7964856682511597568_o.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow that's a big one!

For anyone who has a Wegmans grocery store they have a lot of shamrocks right now. Mostly green but they do have some purple! I picked one up. I had a nice one before moving to the states 7 years ago which had to be left behind. This was the first time I've had the chance to purchase a purple one since. I was super excited!

Ask a Question