Purple Shamrock - has anyone seen this?

Has anyone seen this on their purple shamrock plant?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United States
My friend who has has these plants for 25 years never saw this. Has anyone? I think I'm lucky!

Attachments

• 20170104_212119.jpg
    20170104_212119.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 296
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums mich4304. :)

Yes they are flower stems and when open will be perfumed. The plants botanical name is Oxalis 'Cupido' and I had this one below until a couple of years ago. If they are healthy they will flower all year round and particularly during Spring and Autumn (Fall). They have a tendency to spread rapidly and if planted outside they are very difficult to control.

Oxalis 'Cupido' (1).JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums mich4304. :)

Yes they are flower stems and when open will be perfumed. The plants botanical name is Oxalis 'Cupido' and I had this one below until a couple of years ago. If they are healthy they will flower all year round and particularly during Spring and Autumn (Fall). They have a tendency to spread rapidly and if planted outside they are very difficult to control.

View attachment 16286
Just never saw the a shamrock on the end of a flower stem. Actually 2 of them on this one

Ask a Question