Prayer plant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I received a beautiful prayer plant as a gift a couple of years ago.

The past few months it has become droopy all the time, whenever I search about this online it talks about the plant not being watered enough or it being over watered, low humidity, etc. However, I can't remember the last time I watered the plant because the soil just won't dry out, it's constantly moist so it seems as though the plant just isn't drinking up any water.

I'm not sure if a bigger pot will make any difference, it's still in the same pot I received it in and the stems and leaves are hanging over the edge.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20221009_143247724.jpg

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I love those plants. My guess is the plant is root bound and would benefit from transplant into a slightly larger container with fresh soil. When root bound plants often look underwatered even when the soil is moist because they can't uptake water through the compacted roots.

You can quickly tell by looking at the root ball.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I love those plants. My guess is the plant is root bound and would benefit from transplant into a slightly larger container with fresh soil. When root bound plants often look underwatered even when the soil is moist because they can't uptake water through the compacted roots.

You can quickly tell by looking at the root ball.
Thank you for your reply Meadowlark. This makes sense. I will try doing that and see how it goes.

Ask a Question