Windex Outdoor Sprayer hurting plants?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone ever used the Windex Outdoor Sprayer cleaner (the one you attach to your hose to clean windows, etc) and had their plants damaged from the run off? I have built in planters that line the front of windows of my house, the water from the windows from two stories run right in to this planter. My super healthy lavender all started dying right after I used the cleaner, and I am now remembering that the plants that were in those planters before started dying right about the time that I would have cleaned the windows last year. I am replanting them again now and am adding a bunch of drainage to rule that out, but I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with this type of cleaner? It advertises that it should be safe for use around plants, but I’m wondering if that is entirely true and if there is an issue, how long it would remain in the soil. I would hate for the new plants to have issues right from the beginning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Screenshot_20190622-175357.png

It looks pretty salty with the sodium. Also when I read about the ingredients they are very alkaline.

Last edited:

Ask a Question