Prayer Plant leaves browning, curling

Reaction score
Country
United States
I inherited this prayer plant from my mother in november. She lived in east Mississippi and kept this plant outdoors. I live in central Florida and the plant now lives on a screened in porch on the north side of the house. The plants never get direct line, but can get up to several hours of light depending on where I place them.

This plant was full and beautiful when I brought it here. Then the edges of the leaves started to brown and curl. A friend said this could be normal as the plant is dormant in winter. So, i trimmed off the dead leaves and waited to see what it would do. It is constantly growing and new leaves unfurling, but shortly after, the leaves brown at the edges and curl.

I've moved the location of the plant to get more or less light, altered my water g to mire or less, reported it once in december. I water it from our rain barrel. Have added epsom salt, in very small amounts, in case of mg deficiency, but it never changes. This has been going on since december, so I try to give a few weeks with each change to see if it makes a difference.

Tge rest of the plants are thriving and doing great. This prayer plant was just so beautiful in the beginning, it makes me sad.

Attachments

• 20170611_102310.jpg
    20170611_102310.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 285
Reaction score
Country
United States
I inherited this prayer plant from my mother in november. She lived in east Mississippi and kept this plant outdoors. I live in central Florida and the plant now lives on a screened in porch on the north side of the house. The plants never get direct line, but can get up to several hours of light depending on where I place them.

This plant was full and beautiful when I brought it here. Then the edges of the leaves started to brown and curl. A friend said this could be normal as the plant is dormant in winter. So, i trimmed off the dead leaves and waited to see what it would do. It is constantly growing and new leaves unfurling, but shortly after, the leaves brown at the edges and curl.

I've moved the location of the plant to get more or less light, altered my water g to mire or less, reported it once in december. I water it from our rain barrel. Have added epsom salt, in very small amounts, in case of mg deficiency, but it never changes. This has been going on since december, so I try to give a few weeks with each change to see if it makes a difference.

Tge rest of the plants are thriving and doing great. This prayer plant was just so beautiful in the beginning, it makes me sad.
Oh, the typos! I have altered the placement to cheng the amount of light, watered more and less, and REPOTTED it in december! Autocorrect!

Ask a Question