Cuprinol Fence Sprayer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone here used the Cuprinol fence sprayer? Awful bit of kit.

After dispensing a 75% of a tub of fence stain the nozzel gets ganked up and it no longer sprays mist, but a nasty dripping jet. If you try to dispense more than one tub the second tub is nothing more than a nasty dripping jet. The next time you go to use it is basically impossible to get it to work as the nozzle has now dried. I did clean it after use.

Is this a single use product? Are my expectations mis aligned to what it should be or is it genuine junk? Can anyone recommend a good fence sprayer that I can use time and time again with easy replacement parts?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
All I have to say about spray-staining a slat fence is to be sure to drape a tarp down the other side of the fence before you begin.
Sprayed stain will go through every gap and crack in the fence, damaging plants and staining surfaces on the other side.

Staining the fence with a brush or pre-staining the boards before attaching to the fence are other ways to go about this.

Enjoying the natural patina of aging wood is yet another option, perhaps the best of all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
You know I just realized how a filtering step missed when using a sprayer so easily becomes a massive amount of work. I would say this is true enough that if one decides to have a sprayer in their lives they must too consider owning some forms of filters, or even better would be filtering funnels. I have had precipitates come out of solution and clog nozzles but only after they sat about for some weeks or months and were allowed to gum up the works.

Ask a Question