Plz I need some help with my lapin cherry tree (sapling)

Reaction score
Country
United States
7.5 is just a little alkaline and nothing to worry about. The Dr Earth fruit tree fertilizer is a good fertilizer but when an organic fertilizer is specialized for a specific plant it is a marketing gimmick. You really don't need to spend the extra money. Their basic organic vegetable fertilizer will work just a good. And spinosad soap is a great product, in fact, it is better IMO than the regular spinosad. Just don't buy the premixed stuff. Get the concentrate if you can.
Ok thanks so much, youve been a great help

Reaction score
Country
United States
So something has done even more damage, last week i saw that something ate most of the leaves off of it...i hope it will live without any leaves...is there anything i can do for it?
20210706_153615.jpg
20210706_153649.jpg

Im so angry!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Gypsy moths down there? Locust swarm? Something with a huge appitie and tiny mouths did a real number on that tree.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think japanese beetles at first not sure what hit it next or if they just finished it off. The picture of the one leaf has some droppings so i think some kind of catapiller.... Im just wondering what i can do to help it..im scared to fertalize it again, i dont want to over fertalize but its so young

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes the hardest thing to do is nothing. This tree seems to be the only thing you have tried to grow, and all your attention is on this one plant. If I were you I would let this get on with it now, and allow nature to take it's course. Your tree will eventually grow more leaves I daresay and fix itself without any more attention.

Why not create a garden bed, and grow something else instead? Maybe some nice architectural grasses to start off.
There is no point dwelling on what has already happened. Keep busy :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sometimes the hardest thing to do is nothing. This tree seems to be the only thing you have tried to grow, and all your attention is on this one plant. If I were you I would let this get on with it now, and allow nature to take it's course. Your tree will eventually grow more leaves I daresay and fix itself without any more attention.

Why not create a garden bed, and grow something else instead? Maybe some nice architectural grasses to start off.
There is no point dwelling on what has already happened. Keep busy :)
I do have a garden, lots of lilies, this year i ventured out and got some hardy hibiscus and i have two tropical trees in pots one gardenia and one tropical hibiscus.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
It's tough but @Tetters is right don't do anything right now. Keep it watered if you're not getting much rain.

Take a few steps back from the tree and look up a little. You have one incredible view over there.

You said this is a Lappin Cherry. Maybe look for a Stella and a third type to plant with this one in the fall or next spring.

Ask a Question