Plz help lavender not growing

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve never grown lavender before & As you can see I’ve had a horrible germination rate. My English lavender has been stalled out like this for about three weeks now. Does lavender really grow this slow or am I doing something wrong❓They’ve just had plain h20 since day 1. Maybe I should start a light nute feed? If so what ppm & pH would you recommend? I prefer to stick organic, but if I need to give them a little salt to get things going I’d be more than happy to. Appreciate all the help in advance(y)
837A30A5-AB8D-433E-B51F-D3CB821E5BB1.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lavender likes sun, and plenty of daylight to grow. You need to have these conditions or it won`t work. Your seedling haven`t got enough compost to grow in and it is far too wet. The 4 little seeds that have germinated have nowhere for their roots, and are frantically looking for light from the sun.
Have you got access to any outside space to use? If not, maybe there is a community garden in your neighbourhood to join?
Salt kills plants!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lavender likes sun, and plenty of daylight to grow. You need to have these conditions or it won`t work. Your seedling haven`t got enough compost to grow in and it is far too wet. The 4 little seeds that have germinated have nowhere for their roots, and are frantically looking for light from the sun.
Have you got access to any outside space to use? If not, maybe there is a community garden in your neighbourhood to join?
Salt kills plants!!
Yes should I take them outside at this early stage? Also, like I said I can give them a low salt feeding if needed instead of Compost. At least until they get transplanted & then I can go 100% organic. Maybe a 300PPM feeding? Or maybe I should just transplant into my super soil now❓

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Your seedlings need more light, not salt. Salt will kill them.

The compost is far too wet as well.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just put them somewhere light and airy and water less :)

Ask a Question