Petrol strimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I purchased a new petrol strummer (Fuxtec multi tool) and was trying to do edging with it. However, when edging because I have to flip the strimmer it ends up leaking as the petrol tank is upside down in this position. Did anyone else have this issue whilst using a petrol strimmer?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's leaking out of the gas cap? I never had that happen but could be a Fawlty cap. Did you try holding it with the otherside facing down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's leaking out of the gas cap? I never had that happen but could be a Fawlty cap. Did you try holding it with the otherside facing down?
Maybe I need to tighten the cap even more. Let me try that. And sorry what do you mean when you say the other side facing down? How would that work?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Maybe I need to tighten the cap even more. Let me try that. And sorry what do you mean when you say the other side facing down? How would that work?

Gas caps have an air thing that can sometimes leak, it might not have to do with tightening it.

When you said edging I assume you hold it on its side blade down. The handle should be able to swing right around so you should be able to hold it facing down either side.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lol no worries.
So when you say “swing right around so you should be able to hold it facing down either side”
Should I unscrew the handle and then screw it back on the other way around? And try that? I think I know what you mean.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And would you happen to know if the petrol leaking will damage the engine over time? Because the trimmer did cut out after a little while. Not sure if that was because it ran out of fuel or just from the leak

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ran out of fuel or chocked the breather in the cap or flooded the carb. But better then if it hit the hot engine and started on fire.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If it's new you should just call the company that made it, it's probably under warranty.

Ask a Question