Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp I think we will get some more summer soon, it gets too hot though, we never get in between. Autumn begins at the beginning of September. They could be right, when they say it's late summer. Yes as soon as it's the summer holidays, the new clothes are in because parents start straight away. Thanks for the advice about Sky,he has thought about it. But he would have to have a lot of cable round the house. Yes he's threatened to leave before and they've done something.
I don't feel like i wasting my life Watching TV. Do you watch it during the day?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Some TV programmes are very thought provoking - and in a way is educational. I remember watching this German film about 2 pa edos. One is a handy man and the other more educated and becomes a professional, married and with children. But the latter ends up killing himself, not before he succumbs to satisfying his urge by watching pa edo po rno.. The film seems to say that no matter how you suppress your innate urges, you're what you are. When the programmes are very well, I don't care about watching them day or night.. but such programmes are very hard to come by.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp i thought if you're watching during the day, you might be thinking that you should be doing something else and you feel guilty. I know i do feel like that, when i watch things in the day. That's why i record things. We have got iPlayer and the others, but i still like to do that. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A gorgeously big dahlia - Dinner plate but squashed by another stem..
SAM_0425.JPG

Just love pink!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Such stunning neon blue agapanthus .. so different from the dark blue, blue to white or white we see everywhere.. Gorgeous.. I'd love to have floribunda roses like those you have .. Pink is my favorite colour.

I have a smilar fuchsia .. both at the front and back as I really love them. Saw some tiny ones on sale Friday, couldn't get excited by them, so saved some money...

You forgot to full imaged the anemone - Corr I so want one of them. Don't know where mine has gone.. reduced from last year... either dead or languishing somewhere amongst the pots.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I do get a sore back after gardening but I have made a wonderful purchase. A cheap massage chair from Aldi. It really helps. It's quite gentle in comparison to big expensive ones, quite small in comparison too. Doesn't go quite high enough or quite low enough but i love it. Sewing and ironing gives me grief too so I just don't do them, not very often anyway but gardening is essential to well being as you all know;). So I garden and ooch ouch my way to my lovely chair.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I limped to my flower beds with my gallon of watering can every morning. Thankfully, I don't have to do it tomorrow as it has been pouring down. For once, the weather report has been reliable. I must keep an eye out for this massage chair.

I bought a pink astilbe for £2, a begonia Starshine rose and a white one with the same petal shape. a curly willow for £4. A tray of African daisy - osteospermum double. The salvias Wendy wishes and Love and wishes are on my hit list. ..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp you had great bargains, you could try and split the astilbe so you can get more plants.
Today i potted on 10 small lavender plants, i divided a dark purple aquelligia, it was growing inbetween the slabs of the patio. Managed to get a lot of roots, put it in a pot. When i watched GW, Monty said it was a good time to do it. The black birds been trying to get to the blueberries, the wasps are in the plums but we'll still have enough to eat.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Guess what, @Logan ? I was dithering so much. I saw the a full price pink astilbe and didn't think it pretty at all. Also saw some begonias which I thought was too expensive. Went somewhere else and got a 8 ft tall salix curly one, but had to borrow a pair of scissors to trim it down to get into the car. Still thinking about the begonia and there saw a lovely white astilbe and that reminded me how beautiful @Zenj 's astilbes were, so went back to the first place. Lo and behold, the plant was still in the trolley left by us (ooops, a bit lazy) and so bought it. I was saying exactly that to my son - hacking the astilbe into more plants. The Lavenders are from cuttings, is that right?

Sad that you have to compete with black birds and wasps and all those.. I went out in the rain and got some blueberries about 12 .. not bad. Still some more on the shrubs. My blueberries are quite safe from birds - too many feeding stations here. Hopefully, son will finish the tiling as he wants to go to NT properties. He's aching to go ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan you're very naughty - if I put anemone in the ground, the whole place will be infested with them..:eek::eek::LOL:

is that Caroline reaper? Now I understand why friend's son grew chillis ...

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all. Up at 4.45 am. Lamps were still on.
@alp Itthink the lavender are from cuttings.
Black birds take no notice of the food that's put out. A lot of people feed them round here. Yes i was joking about the Anemones, mine are in ground and they get too wide. Yes chillies are Carolina Reaper and some other hot ones. The Raspberries have finished, going to cut all the fruited canes out.

Ask a Question