Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If you're careful with your purse could you hold mine then?? :LOL::LOL::LOL: I went to return a bunch of stuff for my sunroom and ended up spending another $100

I am sure you've been wise with your purchases.. As long as you're not in debt, a little indulgence is good for the soul ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No debt here. I do go on the occasional binge shopping every once in awhile but don't carry any debt. And it was a fun day of shopping with my daughter, so it was worth every penny.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all: Been letting go of water from the butts - hope it's going to be a deluge tomorrow.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Last night, I was struggling to keep awake because of the terrifying content of the Betrayed Girls on iplayer. I didn't really want to watch it as I had watched the film which was a bit average, but this documentary has turned out to be a gem....

I have come to the conclusions all these agency people, be it police, social workers, just want a quiet life. They want to draw their wages and nobody to rock their peaceful boats! They didn't want to see what is right or wrong. Who wouldn't know that an old man having sex with a 13 year old is totally out of order? Maggie Oliver said some police officer had removed a girl's statement and then I saw Keith Va??? chairing the select committee.. I choked with laughter .. The upright people holding down posts in this country ..???? A real gem and I hope it wins some awards, rather than some silly morning programmes...

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp yes it's very good. Even though it's against the law to do that. Police let it go on. The one girl thought he was her boyfriend, she had to have a abortion, because her mother knew she couldn't look after it. She could bearly look after herself.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone .....looking good again today :)
It was so light this morning.....at 5 I walked to the beach. Lovely. Yes, I guess days are drawing in but this morning contradicted that.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We are so overcast. I thought the weather was going to hit 23C, but no.. Just very overcast..

Chillies from the abandoned plant from my friend's son.
SAM_0442.JPG

Sunday's bargain £2.69 hanging basket of begonia.
SAM_0439.JPG
SAM_0440.JPG

A steadfast and loyal friend, coming up every year

SAM_0443.JPG
SAM_0444.JPG

A very confused double hibiscus .. prefer the single one, but this is my first double
SAM_0451.JPG

These dahlias are mysteriously dark and chocolately in reality..Shame the camera lies
SAM_0447.JPG
SAM_0446.JPG

This Ismene cost me £1.50 and all 3 bulbs have got 2 flowers .. pure and perfect and virginal!
SAM_0452.JPG

I extracted the seeds earlier and now they are going to pop - Snowdrops from Tesco Finest!
SAM_0456.JPG

These Liatris Spicatas were priced up enormously but they came with a pot... I saw a lady NEARLY fall for it..
SAM_0458.JPG

My favorite of the day Cerise Queen £1
SAM_0453.JPG

Happy snapping!

Oops, forgetting Verdun's favorite Salvia - love this amistad.. Finally one has flowered. Simply gorgeous!
SAM_0450.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_0445.JPG
    SAM_0445.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 124

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, @Logan . I finally finished watching Betrayed girls. I quite agreed with Maggie Oliver's criticism that the Chief of Greater Manchester Police's dropping the case, prolonging the vicious circle and emboldening these vile people exploiting troubled girls. I don't have any trust in police or council staff - they just want to draw their wages and live a quiet life..

@Grey Parrot has sent me two bulblets for Amaryllis hippeastrum Papilio, really grateful.. and some orchids.. So touched and so pleased. Couldn't even find a place to buy the Papilio. It's a real beauty. Thank you, @Grey Parrot !

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp that was good of grey parrot. Hope they do well. Put some washing out, supposed to be the best day of the week.All i seem to be doing all the time is pick fruit.:)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@alp, what is this flower, please? I LOVE the purple-blue. Simply stunning! :love: (y)
upload_2017-7-25_9-33-1.jpeg

I've been out to visit my sister at the cabin on the lake, and took some photos to show you all! :) These are one of the types of lilies that grow in the lake. If you look very carefully a little right of center - at the bottom left of the dead roots there is a Great Blue Heron trying desperately to blend in. :LOL: (I'll experiment a little later with zooming and cropping, hopefully I can figure out all that computer-y stuff. :confused: :rolleyes:.)

0720171619aGreatBlueHeron.jpg

This is the little flower the lily gets. Such a little flower for such a big plant!! o_O

0722171208a.jpg

When the water is high, the lilies uproot themselves, and go floating around the lake, looking for new territory. :cautious:

0722171434b.jpg

I took this picture for perspective, to show how big they really are. :eek:

0722171446.jpg

And one more, just because I love sunsets on the lake. The weather was not being helpful at all, too cloudy, so mostly the sunsets were just thick, dark clouds followed by darkness. (n)

0721172050a.jpg

Ask a Question